Group Riding Tips ( these tips are optional but do help keep the group together throughout the day without people getting lost. ) NOTE we are all about free choice, so ride up front, middle or back, you choose, just ride safely. Our tips are.
- Make sure you know where the group is heading, breakfast and tea stops to re-group.
- It’s a good idea to pass your mobile number over to some other bikers in the group in case you get lost or breakdown.
- Take a look at the formation picture, this is a good formation for group rides, BUT NOTE: this formation is not good on some narrow roads or bends.
- DROP – DIRECTION BIKER It’s a good idea to keep an extra eye on the bikes behind you in your general observation. The idea behind this is if you notice that you have not seen the bike / bikes behind for a while, its a good idea to wait, also on approaching a roundabout, or fork in the road where it’s not obvious which direction to take. That biker waits safely in the road taken by the forward bikers.
- Our Sunday rides will be Sprightly paced. But does allow for 2 types of riders in the group, Ones that like to stay with the pace of the group, or ones that like to go ahead and meet at destination.
- If you prefer a slower pace then attend our Saturday rookie ride outs. This is aimed at our newer riders but also is heavily attended by our veteran bikers as even an old biker can learn new tricks.